How do I upload my CV/Resume?
If you are not already registered:
1. To upload your CV, select ‘Sign Up. You will need to create an account.
2. Enter your details; your name, email address and create a password.
3. The last field will ask you to upload your CV.
If you have your CV saved as a file on your computer, you can upload it by selecting the computer icon & choosing the file from your computer. You can also upload a file from a cloud storage account (Gmail, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox or OneDrive).
4. Select ‘Register’ to store your CV/Resume and register your account. You will receive an email confirming your login details.
If you are already registered:
1. Select ‘My Account’, found in the top left navigation bar
2. Ensure you are in the ‘Your CV’ tab.
3. You can either upload the file from your computer or cloud storage account (Gmail, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox or OneDrive).
How do I register as a candidate on TopEngineer.com?
Registering with TopEngineer is a quick & straightforward process:
1. Select ‘Sign Up’ at the top of the page.
2. Enter your details and upload your CV/Resume.
3. Select ‘Register’. You will receive an email confirming your login details.
How do I create or edit a ‘Job Alert’?
There are two ways to create a Job Alert:
To edit an alert:
The Job Alerts are sent from our automated programme which looks at the information you have inserted and filters through jobs which are posted onto the site thereafter, matching them to the keywords you entered when you created the alert. Please note that the programme will not be able to interpret your requirements by providing you with jobs which are related to the information you have entered. You will need to ensure you enter exactly what it is that you want. You can create as many alerts as you like.
Advice for setting up successful Job Alerts:
Successful search strings can often be a result of a trial and error process, so have a play around and see what works best for you.
How do I edit my CV/Resume or upload a different one?
To edit a CV/Resume you have previously uploaded to your account, you must first make any changes on the CV document saved on your computer/cloud file.
1. Login to your account and select ‘My Account’, ensure you are in the ‘Your CV’ tab.
If you have your CV/Resume saved as a file on your computer or cloud storage account (Gmail, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox or OneDrive), you can upload it by selecting the relevant icon.
2. Select ‘Upload’ to store your updated CV/Resume.
I have forgotten my password – how can I log into my account?
1. Select ‘Sign In’ at the top of the page.
2. Select ‘Forgotten your password?’.
3. Enter your registered email address, ensuring there are no mistakes.
4. Check your email and click the link to reset your password (this will expire after an hour).
5. Reset your password and select ‘Submit’.
6. Your password will be updated – you can now log in using your new password.
I would like to change my registered details (email address, password etc.)
To change any of your registered details you will need to login to your account page:
1. Select ‘My Account’.
2. Select the ‘Account Settings’ tab.
3. Make your changes on the page.
4. If changing your email address, you will need to verify your new email address before the changes are updated. Your details have now been amended - you will need to use this new information the next time you login to your account (email address/password).
How can I track the progress of my applications?
If you want to get some personal feedback for any of your applications, you will need to contact the employer/recruiter who has advertised the vacancy. To find their contact details, we suggest you locate this information on their website (which can be found by typing their company name into Google).
Why does it say my application is ‘made on recruiter’s website’?
Some recruiters prefer the applications to be done through their own website, using their application forms. When it says ‘Application made on recruiter’s website’, this means that you have clicked on the link to the recruiters site, where the application process takes place. This does not necessarily mean that you completed the application.
How do I remove a ‘Job Alert’?
1. Login to your account.
2. Ensure you are in the ‘Job Alerts’ tab.
3. Find the alert that you want to be removed.
4. Select ‘Delete’.
5. You will no longer receive email alerts for this specific criterion.
How do I remove my account?
To remove your details and unregister from TopEngineer.com, you will need ensure you are logged in.
1. Select ‘My Account’.
2. Make sure you are in the ‘Account Settings’ tab.
3. Select ‘Click here’ to remove your account.
4. Your account will be permanently closed and all of your details, including your CV/Resume, will be removed from our database. If you want to apply for jobs in the future, you will have to re-register.
Please contact us for any other queries.