Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
Propulsion and Combustion
Research & Development
Simulation & Modelling
Supportability & Training
Trials/Validation & Verification
Software Engineer (UML/C/C++/Ada/OOD/OOA and Embedded)
Board Level & PCB
Control & Automation
FPGA & ASIC
RF & Microwave
Our client who is Midlands based engineering Tier 1 consultancy is looking for an Automotive CAE Crash Analyst to support new Automotive development projects.
Experienced Crash/Impact CAE Analyst with automotive engineering background is required to support a number of new body projects working on light weight architecture development. Ideally with a degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering, you'll have a solid understanding of engineering principles and automotive crash load cases (front/side/rear impact). An excellent working knowledge of either Radioss OR LS-Dyna is vital, with the ability to use HyperWorks for pre/post processing a distinct advantage. Candidates should have broad experience with the design and development of automotive architecture including concept generation and case study CAE analysis. The ability to run optimisation analysis in support of structural crash development would also be a distinct advantage. Experience of working with lightweight body structures including aluminium castings, pressings and extrusions would be of benefit.
The engineer will have the following:
- Automotive engineering background and 3-5 years experience running CAE Crash/Impact analysis;
- Excellent Radioss OR LS-Dyna skills for both modelling and analysis;
- HyperWorks experience for pre/post processing;
- Ideally Optimisation experience in the support of Crash/Impact analysis;
- OEM or engineering consulting background;
- Experience of working within a team of CAE Engineers;
- Understanding and appreciation of a variety of manufacturing processes - aluminium castings, forgings, extrusions etc.;
- Self-motivated with the ability to take ownership and deliver on CAE targets;
- Committed, flexible and able to work under pressure as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills for vehicle cross-functional discussions and CAE delivery.
- Degree Educated demonstrating automotive CAE experience/training.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have either a UK or EU passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.
Premea is a specialist recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors.
Warwickshire, Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
£33000 - £38000 Per year
Glasgow, Glasgow, Glasgow City, United Kingdom
£35 - £35 Per hour
Colchester, Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
£50000 - £68000 Per year
Huddersfield, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
£14 - £16 Per hour
SG1 2DA, Stevenage, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
£35.00 - £40.00 Per hour
London, London, Greater London, United Kingdom
£0.00 - £0.00 Per year
Stevenage, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom