Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
Propulsion and Combustion
Research & Development
Simulation & Modelling
Supportability & Training
Trials/Validation & Verification
Software Engineer (UML/C/C++/Ada/OOD/OOA and Embedded)
Board Level & PCB
Control & Automation
FPGA & ASIC
RF & Microwave
Our client who is an iconic luxury sports car manufacturer, is currently recruiting for the following role:
Create & maintain strategy for electrical architecture to support the client's product & business plans ensuring full cross-functional buy-in to that strategy. Lead technical relationship with client's Electrical and Electronics partner & support commercial activities relating to Electrical and Electronics.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Manage >5 year electrical architecture strategy, ensuring that it supports all R&D feature development plans, budget, resource & timing.
• Work with application engineer & Product Cost Estimating to set programme Financial targets based on Electrical and Electronic strategy.
• Define the Electrical and Electronic concept for each vehicle application based on the strategy & the programme's cascaded system level targets & features, supporting Concept reviews as required.
• Work with Electrical Systems Architects to develop solutions for any new requirements, challenging to ensure that the best Quality Cost and Delivery approach is applied.
• Lead the technical relationship with the client's Electrical and Electronic partner. Includes running weekly technical reviews with the partner, working with the application engineers to identify critical programme issues & ensuring that those technical discussions are well supported by the Electrical and Electronics team.
• Manage information flow & document storage between the Electrical and Electronic partner & client teams.
• Run change management meeting with Electrical and Electronics partner.
• Lead the technical relationship with Engineering Service providers for electrical and electronic integration on a new Electrical and Electronics. Support second application activities.
• Represent Electrical Research and Development in weekly project reviews, create material for quarterly Vice President cooperation committees & support contract negotiations as required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Electrical / electronics engineering Degree or equivalent
• Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
• Proven record of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software). Experience of software development processes and managing sw delivery.
• Understanding of processes involved in delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing, e.g.: body electronics, lighting, switchgear, audio, infotainment, connected car, electrical distribution systems.
• Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
• Experience of leading a small engineering team of direct reports.
• Supplier management experience
• Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
• Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
• Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
• Confident presenter
• Microsoft Sharepoint experience is desirable
• Excellent financial management skills
• Strategic thinking
• Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
• Knowledge of Can and CAN based tools
• Understanding of German business culture
• Able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment & prioritise accordingly
• Able to communicate confidently and clearly
• Able to set and deliver targets
• Strategic thinking and decision making skills
• Clean driving license
• Travel may be required, UK & overseas.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment agency.
Premea is a specialist recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors.
NG9, Nottingham, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
£57000.00 - £57000.00 Per year
Coventry, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
£25000 - £26000 Per year
Nuneaton, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
£22000 - £40000 Per year
CV8 1DP, Kenilworth, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
£25000 - £30000 Per year
London, London, Greater London, United Kingdom
£15 - £20 Per hour
Northampton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
£50000 - £59000 Per year
London, London, Greater London, United Kingdom
£28 - £35 Per hour