Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
Propulsion and Combustion
Research & Development
Simulation & Modelling
Supportability & Training
Trials/Validation & Verification
Software Engineer (UML/C/C++/Ada/OOD/OOA and Embedded)
Board Level & PCB
Control & Automation
FPGA & ASIC
RF & Microwave
During the bid phase:
1. Support sales and marketing on providing solutions to customer requirements.
2. Primary engineering interface point for bid.
3. Architect of technical solution.
4. Review technical feasibility.
5. Identify risks and assumptions.
6. Review technical bid response.
7. Responsible for the engineering bid estimate Non-Recurring Costs (NRC) and engineering schedule.
8. Work with the functional domain's to validate all estimates.
During the project:
9. Primary engineering interface point.
10. Chief architect of the engineering solution.
11. Work alongside Programme Manager (PM) to deliver project.
12. Responsibility for approving engineering documents.
13. Provide engineering leadership to the work package lead.
14. Chair independent reviews for other engineering projects.
15. Responsible for the product quality and performance.
16. Responsible for delivering a product that can be manufactured and supported through life.
17. Advocate for the customer and the business from a technical aspect.
18. The Chief Engineer is also responsible for the ownership of the technology strategy for a particular product type or family. The Head of Engineering will assign a Chief Engineer to projects / products.
19. Report technical progress, risks and mitigations to the Head of Engineering.
20. Adherence at all times to the Health and Safety Policy as contained in Company Procedure.
21. Adherence at all times to the Employee Handbook
22. Adherence at all times to published Company procedures and policies
23. To annually review your job progress with the objective of achieving continuous improvement.
24. Adherence and contribution to the advancement of the Company Mission.
25. To fulfil and comply with the terms and conditions of your contract of employment with the Company.
Expectations, Background and Understanding:
1. Degree educated in an engineering or science discipline.
2. CEng or IEng with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the aerospace and defence sector in a specialist engineering field.
3. Experience in a leadership role in order to provide technical guidance to other engineers.
4. Meets or exceeds the chief engineer requirement in the competency assessment guide.
5. Full understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements on product/project delivery.
6. Experience in project and man management principles and able to apply these to day to day tasks.
7. Understands of the importance of the DFMA & Test ethos during product development; 'affordability' and 'lean manufacturing' principles.
8. Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and the resulting impact to overall performance in the business.
9. Capable of providing clear and concise presentations to Internal and external Customers.
10. Experience and understanding of product development practices in the aerospace and safety critical sectors in accordance with ISO9001 & AS9100 quality standards.
11. Experience of developing products for use in harsh environments or exacting standards.
12. Be able to approach problem solving and analytical tasks in a methodical and logical manner.
13. Good communication skills, self-motivated and able to communicate effectively.
14. Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of Company and self-development.
15. Assist in the provision of information, staff training and technical instruction as appropriate.
16. To question and where necessary challenge constructively any instruction believed not to be in the best interest of the Company or its customers.
17. To satisfy the expectations and requirements of your primary customer.
18. To work with your suppliers to ensure the correct delivery of your requirements.
19. To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Plymouth, Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
£35.00 - £45.00 Per hour
Cheltenham, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
£60000 - £70000 Per year
Plymouth, Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
£70000 - £80000 Per year
Barrow-in-Furness, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
£52.17 - £52.17 Per hour
Glasgow, Glasgow, Glasgow City, United Kingdom
£30000 - £40000 Per year
BA12, Warminster, Warminster, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
£30000 - £34000 Per year
Leicestershire, Leicestershire, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
£0 - £50000 Per year