Introduction to Systems Engineering
Introducing a methodology for facing the challenges of 21st century engineering.
2-day intensive CPD course.
29-30 October 2015
Paul Vosper, Ministry of Defence, 29-30 April 2015
Why attend this course:
This course is designed for those engineers who have heard of systems engineering and want to know if it is applicable to their business area.
The course will outline the principles of systems engineering, their scope and application, in order to provide attendees with sufficient knowledge to decide whether to pursue the approach further. It will also review the standards applicable as well as the key organisations involved in the discipline.
After the course you will be able to:
- Define systems engineering in accordance with the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook
- Understand the systems engineering approach and scope
- Identify the key systems engineering models and have a basic understanding of them
- Assess the applicability of the methodology to an engineering programme
- Understand the importance and role of stakeholders throughout the approach
- Assess the potential benefits of the approach when applied to an engineering project
- Understand the cost element of systems engineering
Topics covered include:
- What is Systems Engineering?
- The scope of Systems Engineering
- Links to other Engineering approaches
- Key System Engineering Models
- System Engineering Processes
- System Engineering Management
- The importance of stakeholders
- References for further study
Who should attend:
This programe is suitable for engineers and non engineers at all levels.
Mapped against UK-SPEC Competencies
This course has been mapped to the Engineering Council's UK-SPEC. Attendance at this course may contribute to your portfolio of competence to demonstrate Initial Professional Development (IPD): a key component of the requirement for registration as a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer. It has been mapped against competencies: A, B, C & E.
Members: £995 + VAT
Early bird: £895 + VAT
Non Members: £1,215 + VAT
Early bird: £1,093 + VAT
For more information, or to book, please contact the Learning and Development team on +44(0)20 3773 8342 or email@example.com.